Monday, April 8, 2013

Lasting Manicure

Hello again!! Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! I've been busy busy! 
 
Well I thought since it's "Mani Monday", I would do a nail polish post. I found this trick on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it. I've done it a couple times now and I love it! It's a budget friendly way to get shellac type nails. Now, it's not as long lasting as shellac but if it can get me through a week without chipping and at a fraction of the cost, I'm all in! When I get a shellac done at the salon, it will usually last me a good 2 or 3 weeks. I do love getting it done, but I'm a girl and I get bored of the same color week after week. So since I can do this at home and it lasts me about a week, this is perfect for me. (You may get longer wear out of the manicure than I do. My hands are constantly in water and chemicals.)  Okay, so here is what you need:
 
~ Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat (this is the key to the whole mani!) I got mine at Sally's for only $4.99!
 
~Any nail polish color
 
~Top Coat (my favorite is CND Air Dry)
 
~A polish dryer if needed (I love CND SolarSpeed Spray)
 
Now let me start by saying, again, this is not going to be exactly like a shellac or gel manicure. There is no UV light needed either. This is a cheap and easy alternative to the salon manicures! Here is how to do it...
 
~Start with the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat and apply a thin layer of it.
 
~Allow coat to dry for a few minutes and then apply a second coat.
 
~Let the second coat dry.
 
~Apply one coat of your nail polish color and let dry for a few minutes.
 
~After the color has dried, apply another coat of the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel and let dry.
 
~Apply your second coat of your polish color and let dry again.
 
~After that has finished drying, apply your top coat!
 
~After a minute, spray your nails with SolarSpeed Spray and you are good to go!
 
It may take a little longer than your normal, one coat base, 2 coats polish and one coat top coat. But this will last so much longer!! Also another tip is to make sure when applying each coat to you get the tip of each nail. This will help it to not chip!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! =)
 
Happy Mani Monday!!

Here's a picture of the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat:
 

The finished product! (I'll post pictures of how it looks after working later in the week!)
 
 
I figured since it has been awhile since I've last posted, I would post a few pics of what I've been up to lately!

My hubby and I at a friends wedding. Isn't he handsome?!
 
The gorgeous bride and my friend Kim
 
The beautiful couple! The dress was stunning on her!
(Abby & Skylar, I wish you both nothing but happiness in your life together!)

My friend Kim and I at the wedding

My first updo of the season!

Don't tell my husband, but this is a picture of me and my boyfriend Brody! How cute is he?!
 
Well until next time... (I promise it won't be as long this time!!) Much love!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment